Hundreds of NTEU members from around the country and across federal agencies will be meeting in the nation’s capital to personally deliver an important message to lawmakers: support federal workers.
This is the theme of the annual, three-day NTEU Legislative Conference, set to begin tomorrow. The event features a rally at noon on Thursday on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol, and meetings with representatives and senators on the union’s priority issues for the year. They include:
- Ending sequestration and securing adequate agency funding.
- An adequate federal pay raise for 2015 and highlighting the negative effect of the three-year pay freeze.
- Protecting the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- Opposing efforts to increase employee contributions to their retirement and cutting benefits.
- Lowering the federal contractor reimbursement cap and eliminating inefficient and unnecessary contracting.
Stay tuned to the NTEU e-Bulletin for news and photos from the conference.